Connect 2 God
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.” – Mark 12:30 (NIV)
There are a number of ways for each of us to Connect 2 God:
- Accepting Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Regularly participating in dynamic and authentic worship
- Being active in prayer life
- Faithfully studying and obeying God’s Word
Connect 2 Others
“The second is this: “Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” – Mark 12:31 (NIV)
The second stop in growing as a believer is connecting with others. This is an essential part of our spiritual growth because of the friendship, accountability, care and education that we can get in Connection Groups. There are many opportunities for each of us to get connected to others here at SPBC.
Connect 2 the World
“For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” – Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
The third part of connection is where we give of ourselves and connect to the world. The Bible is very clear that we are given good gifts for the building up of the church and to reach the world with His love. For this reason we stress that using your gifts in ministry isn’t just for the pastors, but it is for everyone in God’s kingdom.
Our Statement of Belief
- We believe that the Bible, composed of 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, as originally written, is the inspired and infallible Word of God and is of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit as the vital Person in the revelation and operation of the Christian faith.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and that He is true God and true Man and is the only and sufficient mediator between God and man.
- We believe in the personality of the Holy Spirit and that His ministry is to reveal Christ to men in the regeneration and sanctification of their souls.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God and that he sinned and thereby incurred physical and spiritual death.
- We believe in the vicarious death of the Lord Jesus Christ for our sins, in His resurrection, His ascension into heaven and His personal and visible future return to the earth and that salvation is received only through repentance from sin and personal faith in Him.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, in the eternal and conscious glorification of the just and the eternal and conscious punishment of the unjust.
- We believe that Christ’s Church consists of regenerated members united in fellowship for carrying out of the Great Commission as stated in Matthew 28:18-20: Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (NIV)
- We further believe that the ordinances of the Church are Baptism, which speaks of the believer’s identification with the crucified, buried and risen Lord, and the Lord’s Supper, which is the sacred use of the bread and cup to commemorate the death of Christ and to express our glorious hope of His imminent return to receive His bride, the Church.
SPBC is a part of the American Baptist Churches USA